Saturday, January 5, 2013

Season 2 - Episode 6

INTO YOU LIKE A RAIN







MEREDITH: I actually said pick me. Right? I did. Pick me? 
JOE: I think it’s romantic. MEREDITH: It’s not romantic Joe. It’s horrifying! Horribly horrifying. Carrie at the prom with pig’s blood horrifying. 
JOE: Okay fine it’s horrifying. But Carrie took out her entire senior class as revenge. Gotta say like that in a girl. 

MEREDITH: I said pick me! 







MEREDITH VOICE OVER : In general people can be categorized in one of two ways. 

Those who love surprises. And those who don’t. 

I don’t. 

I’ve never met a surgeon that enjoys a surprise. Because as surgeons we like to be in the know. We have to be in the know because we aren’t people die and law suits happen. Am I rambling? I think I’m rambling. 


Okay. So my point actually … and I do have one. Has nothing to do with surprises or death or lawsuits or surgeons. 

My point is this whoever said what you don’t know can’t hurt you was a complete and total moron. Because for most people I know not knowing is the worst feeling in the world.

Okay fine. Maybe it’s the second worst. 



DR. BURKE: Cristina. You paged me? 

CRISTINA (upset): If I don’t find this leg the chief is gonna cut me from this program. And I cannot go back home Burke. It is too sunny in Los Angeles. It’s sunny everyday!

DR. BURKE: And you paged me because? 

CRISTINA (loud):
 I need you to help me find the leg! (more calm now) … I checked the board. You’re not in surgery right? (Burke looks confused) You’re my boyfriend. I mean I know I don’t have much experience with this kind of thing but (Dr. Burke tries not to smile) aren’t boyfriends supposed to help in situations like this. 

DR. BURKE (serious): Cristina, when we’re on duty I can’t be your boyfriend. 

CRISTINA: Okay, so ah when we’re on duty I can have sex with some one else? 

DR. BURKE: Dr. Yang. I’m walking away now. 


CRISTINA: Fine. Fine! But when the chief cuts me, you might re-think this! 






ADDISON: So have you made a decision yet Dr. Stevens?
IZZIE: I’m sorry?
ADDISON: Whether or not you’re going to … hate me? (Izzie trying to put a pen in her pocket looks up at this) You’re Meredith’s friend. I’m the wicked witch who came in and ruined her life and cheated on doctor … wait what is it that you guys call him?
IZZIE (uncomfortable): Mc Dreamy.
ADDISON: Right. God, doesn’t that embarrass him?
 
IZZIE: Yeah. I think it does.
ADDISON: Yeah well by all rights you should hate me.
IZZIE: I guess.
ADDISON: Except that I’m going to be staying in town for a while.
 
IZZIE: You are.
ADDISON: Yes. And you show a real gift with my specialty. And I have a lot to teach if you wanna learn. … So?
IZZIE (shrugs even more uncomfortable): So?
ADDISON: So when you decide how important it is for you to hate me, let me know.





DANNY: Did she ah … did she suffer?
DR. SHEPARD: No. Her injuries prevented her from … no she wasn’t in any pain.

DANNY: Good. That’s …. …. ….
DR. SHEPARD (difficulty speaking): She asked me ah to tell you that … that she wanted you to know, that if love were enough … that if love were enough that she’d still be here with you. 















MEREDITH'S VOICE OVER: As surgeons there are so many things we have to know.

 We have to know what it takes.

 We have to know how to take care of our patients.

And how to take care of each other.

 Eventually we even  have to figure out how to take care of ourselves.

As surgeons we have to be in the know.

But as human beings, sometimes its better to stay in the dark.

Because in the dark there maybe fear…

… but there’s also hope. 




-END-


No comments:

Post a Comment