Monday, January 7, 2013

Season 2 - Episode 7

SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT




MEREDITH VOICE OVER : Communication. It’s the first thing we really learn in life. 

 Funny thing is once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking; the harder it becomes to know what to say or how to ask for what we really need.














CRISTINA: Ah hmm. Hey so um after rounds we have something to show you. 

IZZIE (looking at Meredith closely): Mer? Meredith can you hear us? 

CRISTINA: She’s not deaf. 

IZZIE: Well she looks weird. 

CRISTINA: Well what did you expect? Derek didn’t pick her, she’s gone mental. 

IZZIE: Meredith have you gone mental? 

MEREDITH: I have not gone mental. 

CRISTINA: See, okay she’s fine. (excited) We have something to show you. So whatever you do, do not get assigned to a surgery this morning. 








ALEX: What’s up with you? 

IZZIE (really angry): I put on a dress! I did my hair! I had one night off in 2 weeks and I used it on you. And what do I get? Nothing. No respect. No apology. You couldn’t even be bothered to … kiss me goodnight. You know what you’re a coward and you’re just as shallow as you seem. So I am done trying to be your friend or whatever. I’m over it. 

(She walks off down the hallway through some double doors. Alex looks stunned) 

NICOLE: She’s really mad at you. 







CRISTINA: Bailey knows. 

DR. BURKE: Knows what? 

CRISTINA (she stresses the 2nd word): She knows. 

DR. BURKE: Well O’Malley knows, why not Bailey? 

CRISTINA: So you didn’t tell her? 

DR. BURKE: Why would I do that? 

CRISTINA: This is bad. 

DR. BURKE: We have to manage the damage ourselves before this thing spins to far out of control. And that means coming clean to the chief. 

CRISTINA: What? 

DR. BURKE: If we come out into the open, then no one has anything to say. 

CRISTINA: No, no, no way. No way. 

DR. BURKE: That’s the only way. 

CRISTINA: No. 



DR. BAILEY: Turn around. Walk away. 

DR. SHEPARD: From what? 

DR. BAILEY: From my intern. 

DR. SHEPARD: But I wasn’t … 

DR. BAILEY: Uh yeah, yes you were. Come on, look. You can’t do this. You don’t have the right. Not anymore. 

DR. SHEPARD: I just wanna find out if she’s okay. 

DR. BAILEY: No she’s not! She’s a human traffic accident and everybody is slowing down to look at the wreckage. She’s doing the best she can with what she has left. Look I know you can’t see this because you’re in it but you can’t help her now. It’ll only make it worse. Walk away. Leave her to mend. 

(Dr. Shepard sighs but doesn’t move. Dr. Bailey gets exasperated) 

DR. BAILEY: Go on! 









NICOLE: It’s not like I don’t want the operation. I do you know. I want things. It’s just … what if I’m not ready? 


ALEX: Ready for what? 


NICOLE: For everything. For taking care of myself. For being on my own. For sex. For love. I’ve never had a boyfriend. I’ve never even been kissed. I’m like the oldest living college prospective not to go to first base. 

ALEX: Nah. 

NICOLE: It’s mortifying. 

ALEX: There are way older losers than you. Trust me. 

NICOLE: Alex. Would you kiss me? 

ALEX (chuckles): Wh, What? 

NICOLE: I know you’re a doctor, I’m your patient and, and it’s against the rules but I would never tell anyone. 

ALEX: For a kiss to be really good you want it to mean something. You want it be with someone you can’t get out of your head. So that when your lips finally touch you feel it everywhere. (Nicole opens her eyes) A kiss so hot, so deep you never wanna come up for air. You can’t cheat your first kiss Nicole. Trust me you don’t want to. Cause when you find the right person to first kiss. (He grins) It’s everything! 





Meredith voice Over Some things we just don’t want to hear. 

 And some things we say because we can’t be silent any longer.

 Some things are more than what you say. They’re what you do. 

Some things you say because there’s no other choice.

Some things you keep to yourself. 

And not too often … but every now and then … 

… some things simply speak for themselves. 





-end-






No comments:

Post a Comment