Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Season 1- Episode 2 :

"The First Cuts the Deepest"





Meredith Voice Over : It’s all about lines. The finish line at the end of residency.
Meredith Voice Over :Waiting in line for a chance at the operating table.
Meredith Voice Over :And then there is the most important line.
Meredith Voice Over : The line separating you from the people you work with.
Meredith Voice Over : It doesn’t help to get too familiar.
Meredith Voice Over :To make friends. You need boundaries. Between you and the rest of the world.
Meredith Voice Over : Other people are far too messy.
Meredith Voice Over :It’s all about lines. Drawing lines in the sand. And praying like hell no one crosses them.





 DR. BAILEY: Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery. That’s not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered and having someone down in the pit doing the sutures!
DR. BAILEY: No one holds a scalpel until I’m so happy, I’m Mary freaking Poppins.












MEREDITH: I’m not going out with youDR. SHEPARD: Did I ask you to go out with me?
DR. SHEPARD : Do you want to go out with me?
MEREDITH: I’m not dating you. And I’m definitely not sleeping with you again. You’re my boss.
DR. SHEPARD: I’m your boss’ boss.
MEREDITH: You’re my teacher. And my teacher’s teacher. And you’re my teacher.
DR. SHEPARD: I’m your sister. I’m your daughter.
MEREDITH: You’re sexually harassing me.
DR. SHEPARD: I’m riding an elevator.
MEREDITH: Look I’m drawing a line. The line is drawn. There’s a big line.
DR. SHEPARD So this line is it imaginary or do I need to get you a marker?
DR. SHEPARD : We’ll talk later?





GEORGE: Do you know what the code team does? Saves lives. I shock a heart and someone lives to see another day. That’s upbeat. It’s ah glass half full.
CRISTINA: Bambi don’t say another word until after the hunter shoots your mother.
GEORGE: I don’t like you.











DR. BURKE: I want to know why you stopped thinking of me as your number one.Richard I do more in this hospital than any other surgeon …
RICHARD : You do only exactly as much as is necessary. You never take an extra step. You never give an extra minute. You’re comfortable and arrogant. And it doesn’t impress me. You wanna be Chief. Earn it.









GEORGE: Who here feels like that they have no idea what they’re doing?
GEORGE: I mean are we supposed to be learning something? Because I don’t feel like I’m learning anything.
IZZIE: Except how not to sleep.
CRISTINA: You know it’s like there’s this wall. The attendings and the residents are over there being surgeons. And we’re over here being …
MEREDITH: … suturing, code running, lab delivering, p****s minders.
                                                                                                                                          ALEX: I hate being an intern.




DR. BURKE: Do you think I’m too confident
DR. BAILEY: No.
DR. BURKE: Don’t lie.
DR. BAILEY : You are my boss.
DR. BURKE: All right then, anything you say in the next 30 seconds is free. Starting from now.
DR. BAILEY: I think you’re cocky. Arrogant, bossy and pushy. You also have a god complex. You never think about anybody but your damn self.
DR. BURKE (interrupts): But I …
DR. BAILEY (interrupts him): But what? I still have 22 more seconds. I’m not done.









CRISTINA: I need a drink, a man or a massage. Or a drunken massage by a man.
CRISTINA: What’s wrong with you?
GEORGE: Lost 5 patients on the code team today. I feel like the Angel of Death.
CRISTINA: George, 95% of all code patients can’t be revived. Most of them are seriously dead before you get there.
GEORGE: What? (He stops brushing and turns to face her) Why didn’t you tell me that when I was going on and on about how great it was going to be?
CRISTINA: Cause you’re George and I’m Cristina.



Meredith's Voice Over: So you can waste your life drawing lines.
Meredith's Voice Over: Or you can live your ife crossing them.
Meredith's Voice Over: But there are some lines … 
Meredith's Voice Over: … that are way too dangerous to cross.
Meredith's Voice Over:Here’s what I know. If you’re willing to take the chance, the view from the other side is spectacular.




-end-

2 comments: