Thursday, December 27, 2012

Season 2 - Episode 1

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLIN' IN MY HEAD




Meredith's Voice Over: To be a good surgeon, you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean, sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture and close.

But sometimes, you're faced with a cut that won't heal.

A cut that rips it's stitches wide open.







Joe: You look familiar. You been here before?
Meredith: Once. That worked out really well.
Joe: I know that look. It'll be one of two things. Either your boss is giving you hell or your boyfriend is. Which is it?
Meredith: Both.

Meredith: My boyfriend is my boss, which was a problem. But not as big a problem as the fact that my boyfriend has a wife.
Joe: Tell you what, this one, it's on the house.




Alex: He's a lightweight. Could've pinned him in a second if I wanted.
Izzie: Yeah, so why didn't you?
Alex: Are you kidding? I'm riding a career in Plastics all the way to the bank. Can't afford to injure these babies.  Especially over some one like O'Malley.
Izzie: You had it coming.
Alex: The dude punches like my sister.
Izzie: Oh! So, by your definition then you got beat up by a girl.



Meredith: Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most. I'll win. I always win.
Cristina: No, you don't want to play with me.
Meredith: Oh, I do. I'll even go first. Derek's married.
Cristina: George, beer is dripping from your nostrils.
Meredith: Told you I'd win.
Cristina: No, you didn't win.
Meredith: Did you hear me? I said Derek is married. As in pigheaded, adulterous, liar married. Nothing you could say could top that.
Cristina: I'm pregnant. I win.


Izzie: 4238. Mom with the really cute kids. She spiked a post-op fever last night. You spent two hours monitoring her.

Alex: Hernia chick. That's right.

Izzie: You have been treating these people for the last week. How can you not know their names?

Alex: Surgery is the only specialty where we don't waste time getting to know the patients. They're slabs of meat, we're butchers.
Izzie: They're human beings. You do know what a human is, don't you Evil Spawn?
Alex: I'm not evil. Unless evil turns you on.
Izzie: Do you ever wake up in the morning, realize nobody likes you, and, I don't know, care?
Alex: Oh. I think somebody likes me.






Meredith: Talking to yourself now?
George: Yes. No! damn it, I'm a bad sponge. A leaky sponge. I'm gonna leak all the wrong secrets. I'm a bad liar, can't even lie about talking to myself. You look nice today.
Meredith: Wore my new lip gloss. Cause my ex-boyfriend's wife looks like Isabella freaking Rossellini, and I'm like?me. I'm trying to outdo her when she's the victim here. How crazy is that?

George: Not crazy. Smart. You know, gloss, you know, prevents chapped lips and? you? ex-boyfriend?
Meredith: I'm an evil mistress.
George: Well, still. You look nice.



Derek: One night I parked my car, I unlock my front door, go inside my house, and something 's different. Nothing's different, everything's the same, but yet, still, something's different. And I stand there for a while. And then I know. See, there are moments for me, you know, usually when I'm in the OR, when I just know what's gonna happen next. So I go upstairs. As I'm walking down the hall, I trying to prepare myself for what I'm gonna see when I go into my bedroom. I step on a man's jacket that doesn't belong to me. And everything I think I know?just shifts. Because the jacket that doesn't belong to me is a jacket that I recognize. And what I know now is that when I go into my bedroom, I'm not just gonna see that my wife is cheating on me. I'm gonna see that my wife is cheating on me with Mark, who happened to be my best friend. It's just so pedestrian, common and dirty, and cruel. Mostly just cruel. I left, came out here.
Meredith: And you met me.
Derek: And I met you.
Meredith: Well, what was I to you? The girl you screwed to get over being screwed?
Derek: You were like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me. That's all I know.
Meredith: It's not enough.



Meredith's Voice Over: The say practice makes perfect. Theory is, the more you think like a surgeon, the more you become one.
 The better you get at remaining neutral, clinical.
 Cut, suture, close.
And the harder it becomes to turn it off?
to stop thinking like a surgeon.
And remember what it means to think like a human being.

-end-










No comments:

Post a Comment