Thursday, December 27, 2012

Season 1- Episode 4

NO MAN'S LAND



Meredith's Voice Over: Intimacy is a four-syllable word for, "Here are my heart and soul.
 Please grind them into hamburger and enjoy."
It's both desired and feared,
difficult to live with...
 ...and impossible to live without.
 Intimacy also comes attached to life's three R's: Relatives, romance and roommates.
There are some things you can't escape. And other things you just don't want to know.



Liz: I always divided surgeons into two categories: Those that remember the names of their patients and those who didn't. They all remember their surgeries, of course. Every damn suture.

Cristina: But the good ones remember the names, right?

Liz: I didn't say that. Now, some of the best ones, you know, distance themselves on purpose. They believe that the personal stuff clouds the medicine.




Meredith: You didn't buy them?

George: Men don't buy tampons.

Izzie: You know what. You are gonna have to get over the man thing, George. We're women! We have vaginas! Get used to it.

George: I am not your sister.




Cristina: Cut me some slack. I was on call last night. I didn't get much sleep.
Liz: Oh, stop whining. You'd rather be here, and you know it. What you got waiting for you at home? Boyfriend?
Cristina: Nope.
Liz: A girlfriend?
Cristina: Nope.
Liz: A pet? Family?
Cristina: A bed.
Liz: We got plenty of beds here. I don't feel sorry for you. This is who we are. This is our lives. You tell her, Dr. Burke.








Meredith: You need to consider what you'll lose. What good is five years if he doesn't joke about your omelets and he can't remember seeing you in that red dress?
Sona: It's still five more years.
Meredith: You don't understand. He'll be there, but he won't be Jorge. He won't even recognize you.
Sona: This is our business.
Meredith: You have no idea what this will do to you. Isn't five good years better than ten bad ones?
Derek: Meredith, what the hell are you doing?
Meredith: She needs to understand.
Sona: I do understand. You think that I'm being selfish, that I don't want to give him up.
Meredith: I don't.
Sona: This is Jorge's decision. And it that means ten bad years for me, fine. I'll give him those years because I will give him whatever he wants.
Derek: Look, I am so sorry, Sona. Just please forgive her. She's an intern?
Sona: And if he doesn't remember me, if he doesn't remember what we are, he's still my Jorge. And I'll remember for us both.
Derek: Ok, all right.



Meredith's Voice Over: I wish there were a rulebook for intimacy. Some kind of a guide that could tell you when you've crossed the line.
It would be nice if you could see it coming.

 And I don't know how you fit it on a map.

You take it where you can get it?...and keep it as long as you can.
And as for rules?
 Maybe there are none.
 Maybe the rules of intimacy are something you have to define for yourself.

-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment