Wednesday, December 26, 2012

your favorite lines (Grey's Anatomy)

This blog is a compilation of Lines used in an award winning  tv series "Grey's anatomy" first aired on March 2005, running it's 9th Season at present. The story is all about Meredith Grey and her fellow intern at Seattle Grace Hospital.






 "It's a great day to save lives"



                               



               





                  Season 1- Episode 1  "HARD DAYS NIGHT"







Meredith’s Voiceover (MVO): The game. They say a person either has what it takes to play or they don’t. My mother was one of the greats. Me on the other hand, I’m kinda screwed.
                                      
                  
                               







DR. RICHARD WEBBER: Each of you comes today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that’s up to you. 



                               





DR. BAILEY: I have 5 rules. Memorize them. Rule number 1. Don’t bother sucking up. I already hate you, that’s not gonna change.Trauma protocol. Phone lists. Pagers. Nurses will page you. You answer every page at a run. A run! That’s rule number 2. Your first shift starts now and lasts 48 hours. 


DR. BAILEY: Your interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop and don’t complain. 

DR. BAILEY: On call rooms. Attendings hog them. Sleep when you can, where you can. Which brings me to rule number 3. If I’m sleeping, don’t wake me unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number 4. The dying patient better not be dead when I get there. Not only will you have killed someone, you would have woke me for no good reason. We clear? 

DR. BAILEY: Yes? 

MEREDITH: You said five rules. That was only … four. 

DR. BAILEY: Rule number five. When I move, you move.  Get out of my way! 



                           





MEREDITH: Dr. Shepard. 
DR. SHEPARD: Dr. Shepard? This morning it was Derek. Now it’s Dr. Shepard.
 MEREDITH: Dr. Shepard we should pretend it never happened. 
DR. SHEPARD: What never happened? You sleeping with me last night? Or you throwing me out this morning.  Because both are fond memories I’d like to hold onto. 
MEREDITH : No. There will be no memories. I’m not the girl in the bar anymore and you’re not the guy.  This can’t exist. You get that, right? 
DR. SHEPARD : You took advantage of me and now you want to forget about it.
 MEREDITH: I did not take … 
DR. SHEPARD : I was drunk, vulnerable and good looking and you took advantage.
 MEREDITH : Okay I was the one who was drunk and you are not that good looking. 
DR. SHEPARD: Maybe not today. Last night? Last night I was very good looking. I had my red shirt on. My good looking shirt. You took advantage. 
MEREDITH: I did not take advantage. 
DR. SHEPARD : Want to take advantage again? Say Friday night? 
MEREDITH: No. You’re an attending. And I’m your intern. 
MEREDITH: Stop looking at me like that! 
DR. SHEPARD: Like what? 
MEREDITH: Like you’ve seen me naked. 
MEREDITH: Dr. Shepard! This is inappropriate. Has that ever occurred to you?


                     



 ALEX  KAREV: He’s 007 
INTERN #1: 007, yup.
INTERN #2: A total 007. 
IZZIE: What’s 007 mean?
 MEREDITH: Licensed to kill.                                                  


 GEORGE: 007. They’re calling me 007, aren’t they? 
MEREDITH & IZZIE: No one is calling you 007.
 GEORGE: I was on the elevator and Murphy whispered 007. 
CRISTINA : Oh how many times do we have to go through this George? Five? Ten? Give me a number. Otherwise I’m gonna hit you.
 GEORGE: Murphy whispered 007 and everyone laughed. 
IZZIE: He wasn’t talking about you.
GEORGE: Are you sure? 
MEREDITH: Would we lie to you? 
GEORGE: Yes. CRISTINA : 007 is a state of mind. 
GEORGE : Oh says the girl who finished 1st in her class at Stanford. 
MEREDITH: Oh man. It’s 911 for Katie Bryce.  I gotta go.
 GEORGE: Maybe I should’ve gone into geriatrics. No one minds when you kill an old person.


                              



CRISTINA: Surgery is hot. It’s the marines. It’s macho. It’s hostile. It’s hardcore. Geriatrics is for freaks who live with their mothers and never have sex.
GEORGE: I’ve gotta get my own place. 


                                



                                               



MEREDITH: Okay. This is an actual hospital. There are sick people here. Go to sleep and stop wasting my time.
KATIE: But I can’t sleep. My head’s all full.
MEREDITH: That’s call thinking. Go with it.


                               
                                                


GEORGE: Wow that was quick. 
DR. BURKE: His heart had too much damage to give him a by-pass. Had to let him go. It happens rarely but it does happen. The worst part of the game. 
GEORGE: But I … I told his wi … I told Gloria that he’d be fine. I promised her that … 
DR. BURKE : You what? 
GEORGE: They have 4 little girls.
 DR. BURKE : Who the hell are you to promise anything? This is my case. Did you hear me promise? The only one that can keep a promise like that is God! And I haven’t seen him holding a scalpel lately. You never promise a patient’s family a good outcome.
 GEORGE : I … I … thought … 
DR. BURKE : You’re important enough to make promises to Mrs. Savitch? You get to be the one to tell her that she’s a widow. 

                              





MEREDITH: I’ll tell him I changed my mind … 
CRISTINA : You know don’t give … don’t do me any favors. It’s fine.
 MEREDITH: Cristina. 
CRISTINA : You know what you did a cut throat thing. Deal with it. Don’t come to me for absolution. You wanna be a shark. Be a shark. 
MEREDITH: I’m not. I’m … 
CRISTINA : Oh yes you are. Only it makes you feel bad in all your warm gooey places. You know screw you. I don’t get picked for surgeries because I slept with my boss and I didn’t get into med school because I have a famous mother! You know some of us have to earn what we get. 



                              




MEREDITH: I wish I wanted to be a chef. Or a ski instructor. Or a kindergarten teacher. 
GEORGE: You know I would’ve been a really good postal worker. I’m dependable.You know my parents tell everyone they meet that their son’s a surgeon. As if it’s a big accomplishment. Superhero or something. … If they could see me now. 
MEREDITH: When I told my mother that I wanted to go to medical school, she tried to talk me out of it. Said I didn’t have what it takes to be a surgeon. That I’d never make it. So the way I see it, superhero sounds pretty damn good. GEORGE: We’re going to survive this, right? 

                            




RICHARD: How would you diagnose?
MEREDITH: Spiral CT. VQ scan. Provide O2. Dose with heparin and consult for an IVC filter. 
RICHARD (to Alex, who nods): Do as actually she says. And then tell your resident that I want you off this case. (he starts walking off. As he passes Meredith he speaks to her)I’d know you anywhere. You’re the spitting image of your mother. Welcome to the game. 
DR. SHEPARD:  All right everybody. It’s a beautiful night to save lives. Let’s have some fun. 


                                



Meredith's Voice Over: They make it hard on purpose. 
Meredith's Voice Over: There are lives in our hands. 
Meredith's Voice Over: There comes a moment when … it’s more than just a game. 
Meredith's Voice Over: And you either take that step forward. Or turn around and walk away. Meredith's Voice Over: I could quit. But here’s the thing. I love the playing field. 

                                





CRISTINA: We don’t have to do that thing you know where I say something and then you say something and then somebody cries and there’s like a moment …
MEREDITH: Yeah. 
CRISTINA: Good. … You should get some sleep. You look like crap. 
MEREDITH: I look better than you. 
CRISTINA: Oh, it’s not possible. 




-end-

1 comment:

  1. Have you save someone's life. Here is good news. We have amazing life saving quotes here.

    ReplyDelete