Thursday, December 27, 2012

Season 1- Episode 7


THE SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTON


Meredith's Voice Over: Ok, anyone who says you can sleep when you die, tell them to come talk to me after a few months as an intern. Of course, it's not just the job that keeps us up all night.

I mean, if life's so hard already, why do we bring more trouble down on ourselves? What's up with the need to hit the self-destruct button?




Bailey: It's not the only thing that's inappropriate. While we're on the subject, you care to tell me what you think you're doing?

Meredith: Look, I'll jump through hoops if you want me to. But what I do what I leave this hospital is my business.

Bailey: Half this hospital knows your business. Flu isn't the only virus spreading around here.

Meredith: I made a choice, and I know you don't respect me for that choice. But I'll live with the consequences.

Bailey: Then I'll have lots of hoops for you to jump through.

Meredith: I've done everything you've asked me to do. I may not do it your way but it gets done. So whatever else you got, bring it on.


Izzie: No. You want to Dartmouth. Your mother is Ellis Grey. You grew up... Look at his house! You know, you walk into the OR, and there isn't anyone who doubts that you should be there. I grew up in a trailer park. I went to state school. I put myself through med school by posing in my underwear. You know, I walk into the OR, and everyone hopes I'm the nurse. Y-you have their respect without even trying, and you're throwing it away for...what? A few good surgeries?








Meredith's Voice Over: Maybe we like the pain.
Maybe we're wired that way.
Because without it, I don't know...
...maybe we just wouldn't feel real.

What's that saying? "Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer?"

"Because it feels so good when I stop."





-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment