Friday, December 28, 2012

Season 2 Episode 3

MAKE ME LOSE CONTROL





MEREDITH VOICE OVER (MVO): Surgeons are control freaks. With a scalpel in your hand, you feel unstoppable. 


There’s no fear, there’s no pain. You’re 10 feet tall and bullet proof. 


And then you leave the O.R. 


And all that perfection. All that beautiful control just falls to crap.






DR. SHEPARD: What are you doing here? 

RICHARD: I’m going back to work. 

DR. SHEPARD: You’re not cleared for surgery. 

RICHARD: Leave me alone. I’ve been sitting home for a week watching Oprah giving away things on TV. Oprah, Derek! … You clear me now or I’ll hurt you. 

DR. SHEPARD: If you want me to clear you so soon, maybe you should’ve thought about that before you gave chief to Burke and invited Satan to Seattle. 

RICHARD: Satan? 

ADDISON: Good morning. Richard, like the hat. 

DR. SHEPARD: Satan speaks. 

ADDISON: Actually I prefer to be called ruler of all that is evil. (Richard laughs) But I will answer to Satan. 





DR. BAILEY: Need something? 

MEREDITH: I’m coming in. 

DR. BAILEY: No you’re not. 

MEREDITH: I am. I’m her friend. 

DR. BAILEY: Exactly. She’s lying on the operating table, naked, exposed. She’s sedated but she’s probably scared out of her mind. Now right now she’s not a doctor. She’s not your friend. She’s a patient and she deserves to have all the privacy I can give her. You’re not going in there. 





Meredith's Voice Over: It’s a sign of weakness. Of not being up to the task. 
  
 And still there are times when it just gets away from you. 

When the world stops spinning. And you realize that your shiny little scalpel isn’t gonna save you. 

 No matter how hard you fight it. You fall. And its scary as hell. 



 Except there’s an upside to free falling. It’s the chance you give your friends to catch you. 


-end-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment