Thursday, December 27, 2012

Season 1- Episode 3


"WINNING THE BATTLE,LOSING THE WAR 


Meredith Voice Over: We live out our lives on the surgical unit. Seven days a week, fourteen hours a day. We’re together more than we’re apart.
After a while …
… the ways of residency …
… become the ways of life.
Number One …
… always keep score.
Number two.  Do whatever you can to outsmart the other guy.
Number three. Don’t make friends with the enemy.
Oh and yeah number four.
Everything.  Everything is a competition.
Whoever said that winning wasn’t everything …
… never held a scalpel.





DR. BAILEY: Okay people, the rules of trauma. Don’t mingle with the E.R interns, they don’t know their ass from their oesophagus. Sew fast, discharge fast, take bodies up to the O.R. yesterday. And don’t let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it? Come on, let’s go.














 CRISTINA: Wish he’d just go into the light already, so I can get on another case.
CRISTINA: Oh, I’m the devil because I’d rather be in surgery, instead of standing watch over the death squad? It’s depressing.
IZZIE: Look at his sneakers. They’re brand new. And somebody sewed this tear in his shirt, and he has one of those electronic key cards. He belongs to someone. An hour ago, he was out there, alive. To simply stand here and wait for him to die…
CRISTINA: Would be a waste of life.
IZZIE: Exactly.
                                                                                                                CRISTINA : It would be a waste of organs.



DR. SHEPARD : You know, I almost died today. Yeah, I came like (he gestures) this close. How would you feel if I died? And you didn’t get a chance to go out with me?
MEREDITH: Get over yourself already.
DR. SHEPARD : Come on.
MEREDITH: It’s the chase, isn’t it?
DR. SHEPARD: What?
MEREDITH: The thrill of the chase. I’ve been wondering to myself, why are you so hell bent on getting me to go out with you? You know you’re my boss, you know it’s against the rules, you know I keep saying no. It’s the chase.
DR. SHEPARD: Well, its fun, isn’t it?
MEREDITH: You see? This is a game to you. But not to me. Because unlike you, I still have something to prove.






Meredith's Voice Over: There’s another way to survive this competition. A way that no one ever seems to tell you about.
One you have to learn for yourself. Number five. It’s not about the race at all. There are no winners or losers. Victories are counted by the number of lives saved.
And once in a while, if you’re smart, the life you save could be your own.





-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment